Thursday, January 27, 2011

Whip My Hair Pt II : I Whip My Hair... why you ask??? BECAUSE I PAID FOR IT!

I was so inspired by Ms MaShari's past blog on JBT " Whip My Hair" about letting go of the "creamy crack" I decided to take it a step further and talk about another aspect of hair.... THE WEAVE!!!

ok... so the example I placed right there is DEFINITELY a great example of how your hair should NEVER LOOK!!!.. Seriously of you look like Hottie here..... I dont really know.... but anyways, back to the subject at hand. ( before I get ahead of myself)

I, Mz Kewe, ( as some of you may already know) loves wearing weaves... AND I WILL SAY IT PROUDLY!!!!

Before I get all Chris Rock about this subject ( which... by the way is a good movie to watch if you all havent yet) I wanted give my point of view. Honestly, I love it! and I don't see anything wrong with adding a few extensions to your head from time to time. Actually, the weave opens doors for more benefits in my opinion

1. No Need for the Perm ( Creamy Crack)
Alot of women, mostly black, run out of options and are trying to break away from this harmful chemical! So unless you can go natural or put that good old hot comb to use ( which isn't healthy either) your pretty much stuck. The weave opens a less harmful way of styling your hair and not having to worry about as much damage on your hair




2. VARIETY BABY
Cmon! you have to admit the various styles, lengths, texture, colors, etc, etc!! such an opportunity for creativity! I myself love to keep my styles "consistency inconsistent" ( devil on my left side) below are a few pictures of myself and a few of my styles

I can wear it short



long




Blond



just to name a few!! and you know what the GLORY of all this variety is??? I can do all this without changing, damaging or altering my REAL HAIR!

THE MYTHS BEHIND THE WEAVES

The biggest misconception surrounding weaves are that Black women are the ONLY women that wear them... well that couldnt be anymore UNTRUE


Grasp!! is that Brittany Spears???

In Fact, Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton and Kim from Real Housewives of ATL have all admitted to weaving weaves/wigs of some sort AND having their own hair line!

GONE GIRL!

2. Women who wear weaves do not have hair of their own
another myth that is completely untrue...if we didn't have our own hair... how are we even able to sew or glue the weave in??? And, on the contrary, weaves have been rumored to actually helping the growth process of the hair, according to some women who wear them... including myself

My real hair after taking one of my styles out



The weave gets alot of flack and a bad named attached to it.. when the truth is, so many women of all ethnic groups wear it or have worn in at some time in their lives

so with all this being said

WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THE WEAVE?

1 comment:

  1. NOTHING WRONG WITH WEAVE.. BUT YOU CANT BEAT NATURAL. THE BEST PICTURE UP THERE IS THE LAST PICTURE AS FAR AS THE HAIR. ITS FULL, NICE LENGTH AND SHINEY... AND U DONT HAVE TO WORRY BOUT HAIR BEING SHEDDIN ALL OVER U LOL

    ReplyDelete